Paper submission is now closed.
Please see below for presentation information.
Accepted papers will be published in Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS). If you have any questions or queries regarding your paper submission, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 1730 715274.
- Submission of 4-Page Paper - Closed.
- Final 4-Page Paper Ready - Closed
- Early Bird Registration Closes - Closed.
- Standard registration fee closes - 28th August 2018.
InstMC Poster Prize
The Institute of Measurement and Control, host of IMEKO2018, is pleased to announce a prize for the best poster presented at the Congress. The InstMC Poster Prize will consist of a certificate and a cash prize of £100 and will be presented to the winning author(s) on the final day of the Congress. All accepted posters will automatically be entered for the competition, and will be assessed based on:
- Originality - 50%
- Methodology - 30%
- Clarity - 20%
The winner will be decided by a panel of judges chaired by Professor Ken Grattan, President of IMEKO.
S&A Poster Prize
The Instrument Science and Technology Group of the Institute of Physics is pleased to announce three prizes in connection with the Sensors and Their Applications/IMEKO 2018 co-located conferences taking place at the Belfast Waterfront between 3-6th September 2018. The prizes, in recognition of the support from the Institute for this important international event, will be for the best presentation, and will consist of a Winner’s Prize of £100 and two Highly Commended prizes of £50 each. Presentations from all participants will be eligible.
Publication of Papers – Proceedings
All accepted papers will be published in the Congress Proceedings as Institute of Physics (IOP) open access Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS) and made available at the Congress. It is indexed in Inspec, Scopus and ISI Web of Science (WoS).
IOP Conference Series operates a publishing license, under which authors retain copyright of their papers and they no longer need to sign and submit copyright assignment forms. Any author who wishes to publish in IOP Conference Series must agree to the terms of the license and by submitting a paper for publication it is assumed all authors of the paper agree, in full, to the terms and conditions of the license available online.
In addition, individual Technical Committees of IMEKO (TCs) will be able to put forward a subset of papers (normally between 6-8 papers) presented at the Congress for further substantial extension and modification. Such modified and extended papers could then be considered for publication in Measurement under Special Section.
For full details and scope of congress topics, please click here.
- TC1 Education and Training in Measurement and Instrumentation
- TC2 Photonics
- TC3 Measurement of Force, Mass and Torque
- TC4 Measurement of Electrical Quantities
- TC5 Hardness Measurement
- TC7 Measurement Science
- TC8 Traceability in Metrology
- TC9 Flow Measurement
- TC10 Technical Diagnostics
- TC11 Metrological Infrastructures
- TC12 Temperature and Thermal Measurements
- TC13 Measurements in Biology and Medicine
- TC14 Measurement of Geometrical Quantities
- TC15 Experimental Mechanics
- TC16 Pressure and Vacuum Measurements
- TC17 Measurement in Robotics
- TC18 Measurement of Human Functions
- TC19 Environmental Measurements
- TC20 Measurements of Energy and Related Quantities
- TC21 Mathematical Tools for Measurements
- TC22 Vibration Measurement
- TC23 Metrology in Food and Nutrition
- TC24 Chemical Measurements
- S & A
- Each oral presentation will be given 15 minutes including Q & A chaired by Session Co-Chairs
- Presenters must upload their presentation in the Speaker Preview Room 2 hours before their presentation session is due to being.
- Mac users are requested to bring their Mac-to-VGA adapter.
- Speakers are expected to arrive at the session room at least 10 minutes before the start of their session and report to the Session Chair.
- The authors of papers accepted for poster presentation are requested to prepare their posters in advance, display them on the designated poster boards between the ‘put-up’ and ‘take-down’ times for the poster session published beforehand on this website. The authors are asked to be available for Q & A and discussions through the entire duration of the of their poster session.
- Congress assistants will be available to help authors with placement of posters, supplies (tapes, scissors, board pins, etc.) and with the correct location of posters. It should be noted that the Congress venue does not provide printing facilities for posters.
- Poster board size: 1m (width) by 2.5m (height). The poster board is self-standing.
- Each poster paper’s code will be shown on the board. Authors are requested to include in each poster the paper title, authors’ names and affiliations and the poster must be within a 9m x 1.5m area (see below schematic).
- Authors are requested to ensure that posters are taken down during the scheduled take-down time. Posters not taken down after this time are likely to be discarded to make room for the follow-up poster sessions.